Sunday 18 November 2012

MEMORY #4 – HAFIZ THE GRAMP


When Vincent was approximately one thousand steps far from home, he saw an old man sitting under a big oak tree. The man looked like he was sleeping, but Vincent was afraid to go closer because when he was a small child, he heard loads of stories about old men sitting under big oak trees. The old men were only waiting for passers-by who would share their precious food with them. Vincent didn’t want to waste his priceless potatoes on that filthy old gramp lazing around the tree.

“Ok, it seems that the gramp is sleeping, but I must be careful, these gramps have ears like bats. Just-walk-a-round-him-slow-ly-and-si-len-tly-so-he-”

“Hello handsome boy!”

“He must be blind, “Vincent said to himself.

 “You are walking like an elephant! Do you have any food to share?”

“And he must be also crazy – share my potatoes with him?!, “Vincent said to himself.

I am glad to see you, I am so hungry! By the way my name is Hafiz, nice to meet you kid!”
“Darn it, I am trapped,” Vincent said to himself.

“Hello good old man, I will be more than happy to share my food with you,” Vincent said.
“And what do you have?”

“Fresh potatoes.”

“Oh, you know son, my teeth aren’t as good as they used to be. Don’t you have any other food? ”
“No, I don’t, I am really sorry.”

“Could you give me at least your hand and help me to stand?”

“Of course.”

“Thank you, you are so kind. I have to go now, if you excuse me. I have… things to do. Goodbye.”

And Hafiz the gramp went away as quickly as he could.

“What a strange gramp – at first he is lazing around and then he almost runs away. He is definitely feebleminded. It could be because of his age. I hope I won’t be similar when I retire. Luckily, I didn’t have to share my potatoes and that’s good. Silly old gramp, I fooled him like he was a little child.”

No comments:

Post a Comment