Sunday 18 November 2012

MEMORY #2 – AETERNUM VALE


Vincent was terribly sad because he had to leave everyone who ever liked him – his mother and Sheeny. His mother was as sick as a parrot when Vincent told her about his plan, but she could do nothing with it, nobody is more stubborn than Vincent.

Vincent once had a guinea pig – Richard, which was the only animal Vincent ever had. That time, he was arguing with Sheeny if guinea pigs can swim.  Vincent was sure that they can. Sheeny didn’t share his opinion, so Vincent decided to persuade her that guinea-pigs can swim. He decided to conduct a little experiment that would support his hypothesis.

“C’mon Richard, we’ll show her. You see Sheeny? He is swimming. Oh, sorry, you can’t see but I’m telling you that Richard is swimming. Richard?! Are you okay?”

The next day, Vincent buried poor Richard in the garden in the shade of an apple tree.
“I’m so sorry Richard; I shouldn’t have made that stupid experiment on you. Could you forgive me?”

“-Silence-”

“I consider your answer as “yes”.  Goodbye my guinea pig friend, rest in peace!”

Vincent gave the last hug to his weeping mother and said, “Goodbye, I love you, I’ll be thinking of you mom.”

“Hold on Vincent, I’ll give you something to eat, so that you won’t be hungry on your long journey. You know, I am a bad cook, I would give you some cookies but I can’t bake. Here, take potatoes, it could help.”

“Thank you mom, you are always so kind. Goodbye and take care of you, I’ll be back soon.”

“Goodbye my only son!”

No comments:

Post a Comment